Amylase Formula aids in the digestion of starches (carbohydrates).
Amylase has the responsibility of helping your body process carbohydrates into simple sugars. Why should you care about amylase? The role of digestive enzymes is to act as catalysts in speeding up specific, life-preserving chemical reactions in the body. Essentially, digestive enzymes assist in breaking down larger molecules into more easily absorbed particles that the body can use to survive and thrive. Without proper levels of amylase and other digestive enzymes, it really is impossible to have your health be at its best.
- Amylase is found in both plants and animals.
- Salivary amylase is also known as ptyalin. Humans have this enzyme in their saliva, but some mammals like horses, dogs and cats do not.
- Enzyme production decreases with age. As we age, our bodies produce less amylase, lipase and protease, which means digestion of carbohydrates, fats and protein can be impaired as we get older.
- Enzymes play a key role in every function in the human body. These protein-based substances are involved in breathing, eating, digestion, kidney and liver function, reproduction, and more.
- Dogs and cats can also benefit from digestive enzyme supplementation.